Welcome to JSA Consultancy Services

A business consultancy, based in London, England, John Sacks' JSA Consultancy Services provides expert, in-depth, information advice and guidance as to how to exploit successfully the office furniture and interiors markets in Europe, North America, Australasia and Japan.

Gispen taken over by HAL Investments

Friday 20 September 2013

HAL Investments, the 49% minority shareholder of the Dutch office furniture manufacturer Gispen, has reached an agreement with both of the Gispen directors/shareholders Peter Veer and Pieter Noorlander to purchase their remaining 51% shareholdings.
The transaction is dependent on approval by the Dutch trade commission (“Autoriteit Consument en Markt”or ACM). Proceedings to acquire this approval were started today.
The acquisition of Gispen is aimed at strengthening commercial activities beyond the Benelux countries. Through its company, Stonehaven Holding, HAL is already the owner of Royal Ahrend N.V. and the new acquisition will also be placed into the Stonehaven company.
Ahrend and Gispen will maintain their independent position in the market. No integration of the operations, supply chain management and administrative back-offices, is anticipated and, consequently, there will be no job losses as a result of this takeover.
Internationally, in Europe (outside the Benelux) as well as in Asia, business development initiatives of Gispen and Ahrend will be coordinated. Combining knowledge and products in value area’s like “Dutch Design”, ergonomics and superior functionality, as well as combined efforts to open up new sales channels in targeted areas, should lead to an acceleration of growth; for existing as well as new key accounts.
In addition, both companies expect to benefit from joined production in China, where Gispen has her own plant, as well joined production in Eastern Europe where Ahrend is active through her own subsidiary, Techo.
Peter Veer, CEO of Gispen: “With HAL we found an ambitious and future oriented parent company that will be a driving force behind our ambitions to grow our export activities and to benefit more from our production facilities”.

Subscribe to our News Page

Enter your email here and we will tell you when this page is updated.

 

 

moreLatest News

Thursday 31 August 2017 Chinese furniture supplier to create 122 new jobs, invest $4.9M in West Michigan

GRAND RAPIDS, MI - A Chinese company that makes office furniture components is planning to build a n

Tuesday 15 August 2017 HON office furniture invests $14.5 million in expansion, creates 60 jobs

CEDARTOWN, Ga. - Office furniture manufacturer HON Company will invest $14.5 million in an expansion

Wednesday 9 August 2017 Martela Corporation Half Year Financial Report 1 Jan - 30 June 2017

The January-June 2017 revenue and operating result declined from the comparison period. Decline in r

Wednesday 9 August 2017 Former Herman Miller CEO Max De Pree dies at 92

Known as an accomplished author, businessman and man of Christian faith, De Pree served as CEO for t

Contact Us

JSA Consultancy Services
4-5 Gray’s Inn Square, Gray’s Inn,
London, WC1R 5AH, England


+44 (0) 20 7670 1510